Sunday, July 21, 2019

Whales 3 - Weekend Adventures




So far, we’ve learned many cool new nautical things aboard Lady Maryland.  For example we learned how to raise and lower sails with ropes, which is harder than I thought.  We also learned some cool new vocab, such as port, starboard, and bow, and the names of the sails and ropes (which are actually called ‘lines’ when in use.)  along our tip so far, we sailed all over Stellwagen bank in MA, where we saw so many humpback whales! One even surfaced around 30 feet from our boat!  Later, we sailed through the cape cod canal where the seas got pretty rough; however, it was fun experiencing it with everyone else.  We also docked in New Bedford MA, where we learned about how people fish with fishing boats, the rest of the group went to a Whaling Museum that seems really cool.  (I didn’t go because I was at an urgent care center since I accidentally smashed my hand on a lightbulb)  Another cool thing we did was we went swimming right off the boat!  My favorite thing to do is steer the ship, I think it’s super cool to be in charge of something so big.  However, in the end it all comes down to the people on board.  Telling stories, jokes, riddles, and more just doesn’t even compare anywhere else.  🐋🦑

§ Emma 


























No comments: