Thursday, July 23, 2009

CTY Day 4

This week has been such an experience, full of hard work and many new things to learn. Over the past few days, I have experienced so much that I will never look at a boat, or even life, the same way. The responsibilities require such immense teamwork, leaving almost no free time between lessons, cleaning, eating, sleeping and working the sails. But it's worth it! The sights at ports and docking are awesome, as well as just seeing the sunset every night and lights from lighthouses, blinking. Even on the rainy day when I was drenched through my rainpants, it was oddly very fun to get soaked on a boat. I'm looking forward to seeing the whales tomorrow, so until then, bye!

-Written by Bethany H.

1 comment:

Ziporah said...

Bethany, Sounds like you got your sea legs. Your comments (and others')were greatly appreciated. Dave, Jake and I miss you (Sami and Dad too). Hope you get to see whales and some good weather for a change. No doubt you will all have a memorable experience. When you're back at campus, you'll reminisce and record your thoughts. Have a great weekend on and off the boat, savoring everything learned. Love and kisses, Mom