Sunday, July 25, 2010

CTY Whales and Estuaries July 25, 2010


Day 6: Whales!
Written by Samantha Moores and Adriana Gallardo

Today was one of the most exciting days of our journey. We saw whales!

Port watch had to wake up at 5:45am to raise the anchor and set off to Stellwagon Bank. We got underway and had grits for breakfast made buy our hilarious yet stellar chef, Thor (yes, like the lightening God).
After a few hours of sailing, we finally spotted whales. We folowed them around and turned off the engine. Two whales, which we named Lady and Maryland, stayed by our boat for 45 minutes. They seemed to have a particular interest in us. For the rest of the day we did not stop talking about Lady and Maryland. This was indeed one of the best days in our journey and was truly unforgettable.

Day 7
Written by Evan Wilson

We went on a real whale watching boat today!It was amazing. I got really good pictures and had a great time. As the trip is coming to a close, I have mixed emotions. I am having a great time on the boat but I am excited to get a shower and wear clean clothes. I really miss my family but I am confident that the rest of the trip will move fast. I can't wait to see my family or my dog.
Overall, its been a great trip. I've learned alot, made some great friends, and had lots of fun.

No comments: