Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day 8- Last Day aboard the Lady Maryland, New York City

This is Joelle doing the last blog for the last full day aboard lady Maryland. This morning we woke up to a story that "someone was overboard" and we had to swim after it. It was actually our time to swim in the ocean. Jimmy made out breakfast muffins. We motored into NYC!! I steered under two bridges the Throgs Bridge and the Whitestone bridge. I told everyone about my landmarks on the chart. The chart was of Brooklyn and the city. We got a down pour of rain which hit us, most likely my neighborhood and Maren and Shay's too. After the rain the night was gorgeous. To tell my parents where we are, we are right by the Toys R US. Pretty cool, right? We are all excited to see our parents and to fill you guys in about the rest of our trip!!!!

2 comments:

zooquatic said...

Thanks to the Captin & the crew of the Land Maryland ship.I now the kids had a great time with you.Thank you again

adeline said...

Thanks so much for this blog. It's been fun to follow you all through your trip. Although I have to admit, I've already heard enough about Jimmy's cooking to make me jealous. Hmmph! Lisa H said she might get to putting more pix on the blog, and that would be fantastic! Rory TOOK tons of pix, but she ain't in many of them. If anyone wants any of Rory's pix that feature anyone in particular, let me know. Best wishes for a great second session. Love, Rory's mom.